Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Go big this week as NightLife gets really, really small to discover the wonderful world of microbiology. Learn about the latest cutting-edge advances in exploring and explaining the science of small.
------> Join some of the Bay Area’s cutting-edge labs in checking out teeny-tiny things, including Stanford University’s innovative Foldscope, a portable origami microscope that can help make science part of your everyday life.
------> Look to the future with Indie Bio, the world’s largest biotech accelerator, and some of the exciting, promising young companies they’ve helped fund.
------> Take a crash course in mycology microscopy, the art of taking scientifically useful and beautiful images (of fungi) using a microscope, with Merritt Microscopy.
------> Meet the millions of microbes that call your body home with UCSF’s Turnbaugh Lab and see how researchers at UC Berkeley use easy-to-grow yeast microbes to help them explore larger scientific questions.
------> Learn about the future of biotech from Novozymes, a local company developing sustainable products and bio-enzymes using breakthrough science to address some of our planet’s most daunting problems.
------> Put on your amateur entomologist hat and head outside to the garden to explore the amazing world of insects with Save Nature. For a change of scope, get ready for big laughs with Eureka Comedy Science Show, an interactive show featuring scientists from Indie Bio.
Music by DJ Bobby McCole (of Pyramid Records)
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with a night of psychedelic science!
Everything’s better under the sea! Celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of reefs with the Academy +DJ QBert
Go big this week as NightLife gets really, really small to explore the wonderful world of microbiology.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.