Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Get your late night science fix with a celebration of the best of the Academy and sip cocktails in the company of 38,000 live animals.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Protecting Endangered WildLife
8:00pm, Catch a special presentation by Damien Mander, a former naval special operations sniper for the Australian Defense Force turned anti-poaching mercenary and subject of the latest article in bioGraphic, the Academy’s online magazine about nature and sustainability. His organization, the International Anti-Poaching Foundation, focuses on specialized ranger training, operations, and technology to aid their anti-poaching operations and help protect endangered species.
8:30 - 10:00pm, Take in a kaleidoscopic live performance by the Aria Rostami, musical looper extraordinaire.
Adult Chemistry: When Beer Meets Wine
(The Terrace Bar and Restuarant)
Tastings from 6:00 - 9:30pm
Talks at 7:30 & 8:30pm
This month Adult Chemistry presents When Beer Meets Wine - An evening with Calicraft, a unique east bay brewery featuring sparkling ales. Tastings include
- a Golden Ale brewed with Champagne yeast
- a Rose like beer fermented with wine yeast, Zinfandel, cherry and raspberry juice
- Chenin Blanc and Viognier. Sparkling ale fermented with Champagne yeast and hundreds of pounds of fresh grapes.
- Sour Cabernet. Sparkling Ale barrel aged in Cabernet barrel.
Tasting flight of four beers is $18, Paired plates are additional.
Music by DJ Roche in the Piazza
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6 – 9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join Aaron White in realigning our modern perspective with a long-held historical mindset
Upcoming NightLife Events
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with a night of psychedelic science!
Everything’s better under the sea! Celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of reefs with the Academy +DJ QBert
Go big this week as NightLife gets really, really small to explore the wonderful world of microbiology.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.