Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Music by Deejay Sean G
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6p - 10p
- Explore a motherboard of interactive projects by students at the California College of the Arts.
East Pavilion (Science Today)
- Grab a seat to hear a live talk from Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence expert Dinkar Jain.
East Pavilion (Children's Gallery)
6p - 10p
- Join the Bot Bash crew for a civilian-safe, remote-controlled bot tournament.
6p - 10p
- See how personal robots are becoming an active part of healthcare with Catalia Health’s Mabu, and meet programmable and customizable personal robots from Misty Robotics and AMY Robotics.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join our Senior Planetarium Presenter, Mary, to see the lineup of spacecrafts that could launch us beyond Earth.
Discover our place in the cosmos in the new planetarium show Passport to the Universe, narrated by Tom Hanks.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Unlock the mysteries of terroir with a night of sipping, smelling, and exploring the science of coffee and wine.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of neuroscience + human health.
We asked, you chose: goats. Join us for a “viewers’ choice” GOAT NightLife, celebrating goats and the G.O.A.Ts.