Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
Fungus Among Us NightLife
Get lost in the magical, mystical world of mushrooms at our annual fan-favorite fungi-focused NightLife.
Featured DJ: Sep
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- At 7:30 PM, Tap into Indigenous perspectives on mycology with a talk from Mutsun-Ohlone Indigenous consultant Kanyon Sayers-Roods.
- At 8:30 PM, Join the conversation around cultivation, research, and decriminalization of psilocybin mushrooms with Oakland Hyphae Labs.
6 - 10 PM (While supplies last)
Expand your mind while getting your hands dirty in a workshop with Arthur Lee of Mazu Mushrooms, where you’ll learn all about mushroom cultivation and build your own oyster mushroom grow kit to take home.
- At 8:00 PM, Join Arthur Lee and Maya Elson, executive director of CoRenewal, for Mycopsychology: Deepening Our Mycelial Connections, a live talk that explores personal connections to fungi and shares practices for connecting with fungi to encourage personal and planetary healing.
6 - 10 PM
Stop in to check out four short films from Fungi Film Fest, including: Mushroom Biomusic: Yellow Oyster, which uses fungi data to make music and control visuals; Spineless, which spotlights myriad miniscule creatures and their intimate alliances with fungi; Symfaunic, a fictional tale of a young faun whose radical thinking challenges the norms of the forest; and The Boat, a story of a boat that must navigate a tumultuous sea of mushrooms to find her lost sister ship.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQ's for more details.
Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Crawl over to NightLife and meet the stars of our newest exhibit: Bugs.
Will you go to prom with us? Bust out your best prom fit for a night of dancing, live music, and more.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.
Kick off Pride weekend with NightLife and SF's only all-Black drag show, Reparations.
Explore the Academy at night alongside nearly 40,000 live animals. For adults 21+.