Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Lunar New Year NightLife
Kick off the Year of the Pig with lion dancers, masked performers, martial arts and pigs!
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Heads-up! Starting January 10, 2019, planetarium passes will be required for the 7:30, 8:30, and (new!) 9:30 pm shows. This will allow more guests to reserve their preferred showtimes in advance and better plan their evenings—and also help us manage high demand for limited planetarium seats.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free and seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 20 minutes before your ticketed showtime. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Escape the winter doldrums with a trip to Tropical NightLife.
Explore the Academy through rose-colored glasses: Tonight we’re celebrating the wonderful world of color.
NightLife partners with SF Beer Week for a froth-filled evening of brews!
Come celebrate your Valentine's, Palentine's or Galentine's at the official Noise Pop Music Festival pre-party.