Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
It’s time to fly south with NightLife as we explore the patterns of migration in the natural world, from birds and butterflies to whales and humans.
DJ set by La Pelanga DJs
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
At 7 pm, Catch a live talk from artist Jane Kim of Ink Dwell presenting her inspiring Migrating Mural project, which spans 120-miles along Highway 395 in California.
At 8 pm, Join Cotton Rockwood of the Point Blue Conservation Center to learn about migrations large and small, from whales to birds.
At 9 pm, Hear from Professor Irene Bloemraad, Director of the Berkeley Interdisciplinary Migration Initiative & Department of Sociology at UC Berkeley as she discusses the movement of humans throughout history.
Join us for a live talk from Adam Ratner of the Marine Mammal Center to learn about the incredible journeys of our taxonomic classmates across the oceans of the world.
6p - 10p
- Experience the “Batnado” in virtual reality with the Frick Lab from UCSC
- Learn about how the Xerces Society monitors Monarch butterfly counts in California
- Get an up-close look at Daphnia with researchers from Stanford University
- Chat with experts from the Marine Mammal Center
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- With Planetarium Pass Reservations, you can select your showtime in advance and guarantee your seat under the stars. $3; optional, but recommended. Available online only.
- Free passes will still be available onsite at the Planetarium kiosk on a first-come, first-served basis. Arrive early for your best chance to obtain a free pass.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace Bar and Restaurant, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Explore the Academy through rose-colored glasses: Tonight we’re celebrating the wonderful world of color.
NightLife partners with SF Beer Week for a froth-filled evening of brews!
Come celebrate your Valentine's, Palentine's or Galentine's at the official Noise Pop Music Festival pre-party.
Kick off the Year of the Pig with lion dancers, masked performers, and pigs!