Delightful NightLife news, delivered weekly.
NightLife: January 13
Featuring DJ BAD DJ in the West Garden
Update: La Doña's performance and the other special programming originally planned for 1/13 have been postponed. Stay tuned--we hope to reschedule these partners in the near future. In the meantime, we hope you'll still join us for NightLife on the 13th.
Calling all creatures of the night: explore the nocturnal side of the Academy at NightLife and see what's revealed. With live DJs, outdoor bars, ambiance lighting, and nearly 40,000 live animals (including familiar faces like Claude the albino alligator), the night is sure to be wild.
Step inside the iconic Shake House and our four-story Rainforest, where you can explore the Amazon’s treetops surrounded by free-flying birds and butterflies. Reservations for these exhibits are no longer required. However, please note that the last entry into the rainforest is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Venture into our latest aquarium exhibit Venom to encounter live venomous animals and learn the power of venom to both harm and heal.
Visit the BigPicture exhibit in the Piazza to marvel at the most recent winners of the BigPicture Natural Photography competition.
Bask in the glow of one of the largest living coral reef displays in the world: our 212,000-gallon Philippine Coral Reef tank.
A few don't-miss NightLife details:
- To help keep guests safe and ensure everyone has plenty of room to roam, NightLife will be limiting capacity and have timed-entry tickets.
- Last entry into the rainforest exhibit is 7:30 pm—our animals need their sleep.
Morrison Planetarium is now open at NightLife with 4 showtimes. To maximize staff and guest safety, planetarium passes are required and capacity is limited. Passes are available online in advance for an additional $5 while supplies last to reserve a seat at a 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30 pm planetarium show. Please see our FAQ's for more details.
Please note: A limited number of standby seats will be available for all showtimes as space allows on a first-come, first-served basis. Food and drink are not permitted inside the planetarium, and masks must be worn properly at all times.
- Food and beverages are available for purchase in the Academy Café and West Garden Terrace including a variety of grab-and-go options, craft cocktails, and more. All food and drink must be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please embrace the Academy’s three favorite Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance. All guests will be required to wear a mask and social distancing will be enforced according to the latest public health and safety guidelines.
- NightLife is adults-only for 21+
- Still have Q’s? See our FAQ’s here.
Discover how a deeper understanding of Earth might help us spot other living worlds light-years away.
Upcoming ticketed museum events
Good evening, San Francisco! Welcome to the inaugural ToNightLife Show, starring our newest exhibit, BigPicture.
Bird is the word! Flock over to NightLife for beers and birds in honor of this Oktoberfest tradition.
Touch, smell, hear, taste, and feel your way through the museum for a night that just makes sense.
Explore the nocturnal side of the Academy and see what makes the museum at night different. For adults 21+.
We’re dying to have you back at our annual Halloween bash for a spine-tingling night dead-icated to science!