Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Presents: FURY
NightLife breaks the mold with a special performance of FURY, a multimedia concert experience inspired by George Miller’s iconic Mad Max: Fury Road, and a night exploring the concept of survival. Featuring a live soundtrack composed and performed by indie-pop band YASSOU and choreography by Danielle Rowe, associate art director of SFDanceworks, FURY debuted at The Midway last fall with principal dancers from San Francisco Ballet and Alonzo King LINES Ballet. Join us as NightLife brings this “post-apocalyptic rock ballet” to life on an arena stage in the West Garden for a one-night-only performance.
DJ Set by Avani
6:00 - 7:45 PM
- Check out our ever-changing Rainforest exhibit and meet all of the colorful creatures that live there before it’s butterfly bedtime.
Live Talk: Behind the Scenes of FURY
- Grab a seat to catch a Q & A session with the choreographer and performers from FURY before you see the show!
NightLife Presents: FURY
- Head outside to catch a one-night-only performance of FURY, featuring a live mood driven soundtrack composed and performed by indie-pop band YASSOU and composer Kristina Dutton, and choreography by Danielle Rowe for world-class dancers who portray characters fighting for survival in a post apocalyptic world.
6:00 - 10:00 PM
- Check out the science of survival in drought-tolerant plants and learn about environmental justice when it comes to water with researchers from Stanford and UC Berkeley.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Join presenter Mary Holt to explore Mars and some of its past and current robot inhabitants.