Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
On the 30th anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake, we’re digging back into seismic matters and ‘80s culture.
DJ Set by New Wave City
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Live Talks: Shakey Ground
At 7:00 PM, Find out how engineers are planning the infrastructure of the future with a live talk from Evan Reis of the US Resiliency Council.
At 8:00 PM, Hear from USGS Research Geophysicist Justin Rubinstein as he discusses “Bay Area Earthquakes: The Past and an Outlook for the Future”.
At 9:00 PM, Stay for “Automatic for the People: Bringing Earthquake Early Warning to the West Coast”, a live talk from Robert DeGroot of the USGS.
6 - 10 PM
Check out authentic 16mm projections of some of the most historic seismic phenomena to take place on our planet.
6 - 10 PM
Chat face-to-face with researchers from Stanford and the USGS to find out what really happens when our planet’s tectonic plates shift beneath our feet.
- Last entry for the Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal craft cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will be available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Excite your senses with a visually stunning planetarium show that explores the seismic science of our world.