Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
DJ sets by New Wave City
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
At 7:00pm, catch a live episode of the comedy/medical “Sawbones” podcast with Sydney and Justin McElroy.
Forum Theater (Level 2)
At 6:45pm, catch a live episode of the “Omnibus” podcast, an encyclopedic reference of strange-but-true stories compiled as a time capsule for future generations, with John Roderick and Ken Jennings (of Jeopardy fame).
At 8:15pm, catch the second stand-up showcase of the night featuring Arjun Banerjee, Becky Braunstein, Chase Brockett, Ruby Gill, Pedro Gonzalez, Conor Kellicut, Zorba Jevon Hughes, Matt Lieb, and Salma Zaky.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Heads-up! Starting January 10, 2019, planetarium passes will be required for the 7:30, 8:30, and (new!) 9:30 pm shows. This will allow more guests to reserve their preferred showtimes in advance and better plan their evenings—and also help us manage high demand for limited planetarium seats.
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free and seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 20 minutes before your ticketed showtime. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Take a tour of the Universe with a sprinkling of the hottest news stories from astronomy and the space sciences!
Travel through space and time to experience the dramatic lives and deaths of stars.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Unlock the mysteries of terroir with a night of sipping, smelling, and exploring the science of coffee and wine.
Feed your brain and body this week as NightLife explores the fascinating world of neuroscience + human health.
We asked, you chose: goats. Join us for a “viewers’ choice” GOAT NightLife, celebrating goats and the G.O.A.Ts.