Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
Get into the groove for this celebration of equality, self-expression, and San Francisco Pride!
-----> Join drag queen extraordinaire Heklina, host of the weekly “Mother” party at SF nightclub The Oasis, for a drag show of fabulously unparalleled proportions celebrating “the future of love.”
------> In the Coral Reef, experience the celebratory, sexy stylings of DJs from Oakland’s exuberant Hella Gay Dance Party.
------> Inside the Piazza, unleash your inner dance floor diva with a high-energy set by legendary drag performer and DJ Juanita More.
------> At the Project Lab, delve into the history of the Cockettes, an avant-garde and flamboyant ensemble of hippies that put on legendary midnight musicals in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s, with the Castro’s GLBT Historical Society.
------> Learn about the Rainbow World Fund, an all-volunteer, LGBT-based humanitarian aid organization, and marvel at the collection of Good Vibrations’ Antique Vibrator Museum.
------> Did you know that some of your favorite celestial constellations have queer histories? Check out a special planetarium presentation of Stargayze at 6:30 and 7:30 pm, followed by two showings of Earthquake.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Early event arrival is strongly recommended due to limited capacity and high demand for passes.
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe, The Terrace, and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Upcoming NightLife Events
Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with a night of psychedelic science!
Everything’s better under the sea! Celebrate World Oceans Day and the wonder of reefs with the Academy +DJ QBert
Go big this week as NightLife gets really, really small to explore the wonderful world of microbiology.
Come celebrate love, equality, self-expression and San Francisco Pride at NightLife's annual Pride Party!
NightLife is supported by the Koret Foundation.