Revealing Nature | Inspiring Solutions
Powered by the science and storytelling experts at the California Academy of Sciences, bioGraphic is an online magazine about all things that awe in nature, biological science, and the ingenuity of humankind.
By showcasing some of the most amazing adaptations and places in the natural world and surfacing mind-blowing sustainability solutions, we hope bioGraphic will encourage conversations, shape new perspectives, and spark ideas for tackling our planet’s most pressing environmental issues.
Captivating stories about nature and sustainability
From spectacular videos and photography to data visualizations and infographics, bioGraphic publishes all-new, cutting-edge science content every Tuesday.
bioGraphic celebrates Shark Week with sharp reportage about these extraordinary animals:
- Good Luck Sharks: A whale shark aggregation in Indonesia bring good fortune and hope for sustainability.
- Hammerhead Gaze: Its wide-set eyes give the hammerhead shark a binocular view of its prey.
- A Drop in the Ocean? Are huge, remote marine reserves a promising development or distraction?
- Mystery of the Corkscrew Seals: A decades-long mystery about a rash of unusual seal deaths.
- Swimming with Shark Pups: Experience the moment a young shark wriggles its way into the world.
A science community for a social world
With over 190 multimedia stories published since the magazine's debut in April 2016, bioGraphic is a vibrant, thriving hub for science fans worldwide.
- More than 2 billion online impressions to date
- Over 200k fans on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- 50+ partner media outlets sharing syndicated content online and via social
Multiple outlets, global audiences
Connect with bioGraphic
Learn more about bioGraphic.
bioGraphic is part of the Academy's Global Environmental Literacy Initiative. Major funding is provided by: