Sign up for our weekly newsletter to receive NightLife event details and updates.
NightLife Spotlight: Darwin
Music by DJ Jamie Jams
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
At 7:30p, Join California artist Tiffany Bozic for a special live talk at Science Today about the inspiration behind her new book Unnatural Selections. Purchase the book just steps away at the Academy’s Lab Junior store and get it signed by the artist herself.
6p - 10p, Stay for a special edition of “Unlocked Art Lab”, a drawing and watercolor painting workshop featuring different assortments of fascinating specimens (a la Darwin, of course) from the Academy’s research collection.
Isle of Darwin
6p - 10p
- Chat with Academy researchers to learn about our century-old history of exploration and research in the Galápagos. Check out herpetology and entomology specimens from the islands alongside Darwin’s hawkmoth, British beetles, and other specimens studied by the world-renowned naturalist.
- Hurry! Last entry for our Rainforest dome is at 7:45 pm. Please note: drinks are not allowed inside the Rainforest exhibit.
- Thirsty? Each bar area features a unique seasonal cocktail—there are multiple bars throughout the museum.
- Special programs and lectures may have limited seating and admission will also be made available to visitors on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Planetarium passes are required for the 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30 pm shows
- Passes are $3 each and may be purchased online or at the ticket window. Since shows do sell out, we always recommend buying in advance.
- The 6:30 pm live show is always free. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please arrive at the planetarium 15 minutes before your ticketed showtime for seating. We run a tight spaceship!
FOOD & DRINK
- A variety of food options are available at NightLife from 6:00-9:30 pm, including The Academy Cafe and The Academy Cafe Food Cart located in the front lobby.
- Enjoy a different fresh seasonal "craft on draft" cocktail at each NightLife bar area designed by our resident mixologist Shane McKnight!
All bars accept cash and credit cards.
Planetarium Presenter Hannah is your tour guide on this exploration of planets and moons that run hot & cold!
How did life on Earth begin? Take a high-speed tour of key astronomical events since the Big Bang.
Upcoming NightLife Events
NightLife brings in experts to talk about the missions and spacecrafts currently on the search for exoplanets.
Dive into some of the greatest cosmic mysteries as NightLife travels to the ends of the observable universe.
This week, we’re shrinking down to size with a celebration of all things tiny, miniature, and microscopic.
Embark on a late-night science adventure: NightLife explores the mechanics of flight in the natural world.