Weddings filled with wonder.
Imagine a ceremony in the Coral Reef Theater where vibrant tropical fish glide past the wedding party. Picture a reception in African Hall where our flightless friends, the African Penguins are already dressed for the occasion, or a rehearsal dinner where guests can take in the joy of the occasion next to Claude the alligator with albinism, who always wears a smile.
Proposals, ceremonies, rehearsals, and receptions at the Academy are beautiful events where love is celebrated, science is explored, and sustainability is fundamental. Wedding events support our mission to explore, explain, and sustain life on Earth.
An Academy Wedding
Venue options include the Academy’s world-class exhibits, spaces for dancing, seated dinners, and more.
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions can begin as early as 6:30 pm.
- A private, beautifully decorated wedding-ready room is available starting at 5 pm.
- Wedding party photos can be taken on the Living Roof from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Ceremony walkthrough available during business hours (museum remains open).
- Basic A/V available with options for upgrade and consultation with A/V Technician.
- On-site security, coat check, and custodial staff.
- Ask about unique additions like hands-on experiences, docent interactions, Behind-the-Scenes tours and more.
Photo © Andria Lo Photography
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Your professional coordinator will be the central point of contact for all your vendors from beginning to end. We are happy to provide a list of recommended coordinators.
Only if they're a member of the Academy's list of approved caterers. Our approved caterers all focus on sustainable practices, and have a complete understanding of the logistics for Academy events.
No. The Academy opens to private events only after closing to the public. This gives you the chance to have one of the world’s most exciting museums all to yourself!
No. The Music Concourse Parking Garage is owned by a separate company and is not covered in the venue rental fee. If you are interested in having the garage open for your event, please contact City Park. For additional information about parking, please contact us.
We regret that we are unable to offer discounts to our members. However, all proceeds from events directly benefit the Academy's mission.
All events and venue rentals help the Academy’s mission to explore, explain and sustain life on Earth. Learn about the Academy’s Major Initiatives to discover what your event will support.