Looking for ideas to spice up your science teaching? Our activity database features full-period lessons to integrate into your normal curriculum.
Come play with us! On this special day for preschools around the Bay Area, we will have special activities aimed at students ages 3-4 years old.
Preschool Day is October 23, 2019
For this annual event, we invite preschools from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to attend on this special day, planned just for you!
Groups can explore the exhibits starting at 9:30 am. We'll have extra programming designed for learners aged 3-4 running throughout the morning! View last year's program schedule.
Pricing and Availability
We expect to fill to capacity for this special event, so submit your application as soon as you can! We process school field trip applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
San Francisco school groups: Free
Other California school groups: $9.95 per person
Preview the Academy for Free
Never been here before? Or, has it been a while?
Once a field trip is confirmed, teachers can bring a copy of their confirmation email and a photo ID to the Service Desk outside the Academy entrance to gain a complimentary admission ticket for any date before your scheduled field trip.
- Select a learning objective. You can visit the Academy for free before your trip to help you plan.
- Design or choose a simple activity for your students to do on the field trip.
- Prepare your students. Tell them about where they will be going, and what they will be doing.
- Prepare your chaperones. Would you like students to experience something specific?
- Leave time for student exploration, social interaction, and memory-making! Academy staff and docents are scattered throughout the building. Encourage your students to talk with them!
First-time field trip organizers might benefit from reading these Frequently Asked Questions about field trips to the Academy.